Tuesday, February 23, 2010

4 days to go...

Tomorrow I leave for Langkawi.

The bike has been packed up and sent to Langkawi. Most of my race gear is in the bag. Just a few things more to pack.

The training is done... well, not really but there's not much I can do about it now. Let's just hope that what is done is enough. I do feel stronger than last year, I've spent more time in the pool (even got a coach!), the cycling legs feel strong, the running legs are feeling ok.

But there's still a nagging doubt in the back of my head. Come race day, I'll need to try and shove this doubt out of my mind and send it away somewhere. Just gotta remember to think positively and have happy thoughts (how you're going to have happy thoughts while suffering in 40 degree heat is another matter altogether!)

On the plus side, this year, for the first time, my kids will be coming to cheer me on, so that is definitely motivation for me to finish. Hopefully, the rule about bringing your family down the chute to the finish line is not enforced here so I can cross the line with them.

To all those participating this year, good luck and all the best. Stay safe and enjoy the race. To all friends who's taking the effort to fly up and lend us support, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your support is greatly appreciated.

See you all in Langkawi!

3 comments:

iamsyah said...

Good Luck, bro! May the force be with you

Yimster said...

All the best there and bestest luck to you!

Abu Soffian said...

Good luck Ariff!!!